Getting to know the media
If you’re looking for help to build relations with the media because….
- you’ve never had to do it before and it’s all new to you
- you’re expanding into a new patch but you don’t know the media landscape
- you want to tap into national press and don’t know where to start
- you could do with a fresh look at your existing media database
- the press are about to run a negative story about you or your company
- you need to start talking to bloggers but don’t know how
- you want to increase your media coverage
- you simply need to get an article out tomorrow
- you have an idea for a PR story but you don’t know what to do with it
…….then we can most definitely help.
Our PR team has built up extremely strong links with journalists and bloggers across the UK. Maintaining relationships is fundamental and we do this through sheer hard work and delivering high quality news articles, features and leads that they know they can use.
Understanding how journalists tick
Many of us have sat in a newsroom ourselves and understand exactly what makes the news and how tight deadlines can be. We work with bloggers and webmasters on a daily basis, we understand their own distinct requirements and so tailor content to meet their needs.
We will not pitch anything for publishing until we are confident it has legs and will stick.
It’s all about credibility. Journalists and bloggers know that ideas and content from Media Matters will be sound and worth considering. We’ve worked hard to build this reputation for the benefit of our clients. It’s also pretty damn pleasing for us too, to see one of our pieces making the headlines (for the right reasons!).
What about when it goes wrong!
The media is a powerful beast and when it turns wrong for you the results can be catastrophic. We work hard on client reputation management to ensure this situation never arises. If it does, our experience of the press means we are well equipped to advise on the best course of action to mitigate further damage.
We can reach any media at any time, no matter how obscure or narrow you may think your particular sector is. Our service is underpinned by one of the UK’s leading media databases which means we’ve got it all covered for you.